Danley Sm80f (full range)

• Members

A coffee shop with unusually high standards for audio quality and an unusually high budget, perhaps? ;)

I talked to my rep yesterday and he told me that he heard these last week, and he said they're amazing. Apparently they outperform everything else in that range (SH46, SH50, SH96HO, etc). I'm looking forward to hearing a demo sometime.

• Members
A coffee shop with unusually high standards for audio quality and an unusually high budget, perhaps? ;)

I talked to my rep yesterday and he told me that he heard these last week, and he said they're amazing. Apparently they outperform everything else in that range (SH46, SH50, SH96HO, etc). I'm looking forward to hearing a demo sometime.

Does look nice but really not practical for a coffee shop... I still wonder if Danley will make a SM80-15. Something like this but with a single 15 to round out the bottom as the sm80 alone won't go much below 140hz or so. Like a Yorkville Unity U15. Something for the smaller touring / bar / club bands. Its like they don't want to or can't make one.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=1205972&gclid=CMv4g87cy9ICFUpMDQoddPsK5g&is=REG&ap=y&c3api=1876%2C52934714882%2C&Q=&A=details

Doug

• Members

Guessing..... The sm80 alone without the 2-15 woofers added is "around" $5500 or so for a pair so I've heard. Add a 2-15 tapped horn box for a guess at $14,000 a pair? I'd locate a Danley dealer for an exact price. http://www.danleysoundlabs.com/products/loud-speakers/synergy-molded-horns/sm80/

Doug

I was told the pricing the other day, but I only vaguely remember what the dealer price was and I don't quite remember what the MSRP was. Based on what I do remember, I think your $14k estimate isn't too far off, but it's a little bit high. It's definitely the most expensive box in the SM range, that's for sure.

• Members

I was told the pricing the other day, but I only vaguely remember what the dealer price was and I don't quite remember what the MSRP was. Based on what I do remember, I think your $14k estimate isn't too far off, but it's a little bit high. It's definitely the most expensive box in the SM range, that's for sure.

The sad thing is just to get a price is hit or miss. Like a big secret. I was looking at a TH-118 and couldn't really get a price. This "procedure" leaves a customer wondering if they got a good price or a great one or got taken. To me it was a major part in not making the purchase. I don't want to play a game just to purchase something. Reminds me back in the day when Peavey still had a great market share. They only , for the most part , went with mom and pop type stores. Everyone else went to the online,magazine, big box type sales. This hurt them. Not the same caliber product but still. I don't want to "bid" and "hunt" for a price.

Put a price out. I'll budget for it or not. But having to jump hurtles is silly and waist too much time as a buyer. I hope they change this practice. Being "loyal to dealers" can be taken for not loyal to buyers......

Doug

Archived