Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Danley Sm80f (full range)

Collapse



X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Danley Sm80f (full range)

    A nice full range speaker. For coffee shops etc.? ;-) http://www.danleysoundlabs.com/produ...d-horns/sm80f/

  • #2
    A coffee shop with unusually high standards for audio quality and an unusually high budget, perhaps?

    I talked to my rep yesterday and he told me that he heard these last week, and he said they're amazing. Apparently they outperform everything else in that range (SH46, SH50, SH96HO, etc). I'm looking forward to hearing a demo sometime.
    B.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by B. Adams View Post
      A coffee shop with unusually high standards for audio quality and an unusually high budget, perhaps?

      I talked to my rep yesterday and he told me that he heard these last week, and he said they're amazing. Apparently they outperform everything else in that range (SH46, SH50, SH96HO, etc). I'm looking forward to hearing a demo sometime.
      Does look nice but really not practical for a coffee shop... I still wonder if Danley will make a SM80-15. Something like this but with a single 15 to round out the bottom as the sm80 alone won't go much below 140hz or so. Like a Yorkville Unity U15. Something for the smaller touring / bar / club bands. Its like they don't want to or can't make one.

      https://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/con...C&Q=&A=details

      Doug

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by B. Adams View Post
        A coffee shop with unusually high standards for audio quality and an unusually high budget, perhaps?
        It would also have to be a big coffee shop. This box is a monster (215lbs.)!


        Comment


        • #5
          Lets see I can either carry one hand a Yamaha DBR 12 at 35 lbs or bring a truck with a lift gate and pray there are no steps with the Danley.
          Dan Snyder is bad Karma

          Comment


          • #6
            Was reading this in lab lounge, supposedly "The output above 50hz is equal to two TH118s" Wow. Only need two strong guys to move this bad boy, piece of cake! (sarcasm)

            Comment


            • #7
              Curious...price?

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Pro Sound Guy View Post
                Curious...price?
                Guessing..... The sm80 alone without the 2-15 woofers added is "around" $5500 or so for a pair so I've heard. Add a 2-15 tapped horn box for a guess at $14,000 a pair? I'd locate a Danley dealer for an exact price. http://www.danleysoundlabs.com/produ...ed-horns/sm80/

                Doug

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Dookietwo View Post
                  Guessing..... The sm80 alone without the 2-15 woofers added is "around" $5500 or so for a pair so I've heard. Add a 2-15 tapped horn box for a guess at $14,000 a pair? I'd locate a Danley dealer for an exact price. http://www.danleysoundlabs.com/produ...ed-horns/sm80/

                  Doug
                  I was told the pricing the other day, but I only vaguely remember what the dealer price was and I don't quite remember what the MSRP was. Based on what I do remember, I think your $14k estimate isn't too far off, but it's a little bit high. It's definitely the most expensive box in the SM range, that's for sure.
                  B.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by B. Adams View Post

                    I was told the pricing the other day, but I only vaguely remember what the dealer price was and I don't quite remember what the MSRP was. Based on what I do remember, I think your $14k estimate isn't too far off, but it's a little bit high. It's definitely the most expensive box in the SM range, that's for sure.
                    The sad thing is just to get a price is hit or miss. Like a big secret. I was looking at a TH-118 and couldn't really get a price. This "procedure" leaves a customer wondering if they got a good price or a great one or got taken. To me it was a major part in not making the purchase. I don't want to play a game just to purchase something. Reminds me back in the day when Peavey still had a great market share. They only , for the most part , went with mom and pop type stores. Everyone else went to the online,magazine, big box type sales. This hurt them. Not the same caliber product but still. I don't want to "bid" and "hunt" for a price.

                    Put a price out. I'll budget for it or not. But having to jump hurtles is silly and waist too much time as a buyer. I hope they change this practice. Being "loyal to dealers" can be taken for not loyal to buyers......

                    Doug

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I saw a video on youtube of the box being run in a warehouse. I felt it was "bass" heavy. I honestly have to question the output of a single 12 inch coax driver in a FOH box. I have seen them in monitors but not so much in FOH boxes that require very high SPL.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Everything I have heard about Danley is they don't discount. Maybe some retailers do but they don't want Danley to find out.
                        Dan Snyder is bad Karma

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I'd be happy to quote a price, but not on the forum. You can email me if you want at mike@audiopyle.com.
                          Mike Pyle
                          Audiopyle Sound Pro Audio & Stage Lighting
                          www.audiopyle.com

                          Comment













                          Working...
                          X