Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

What brand of woofers would you put in these? What brand of horns? Speakers are the most important. What kind of power amp to buy used or new?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What brand of woofers would you put in these? What brand of horns? Speakers are the most important. What kind of power amp to buy used or new?

Just purchased these.https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

We are a 5 piece band. Two guitars and bass sometime have a guest keyboard player we play classic rock. We play medium and small sized bars. I have a Allen and Heath 24 channel GLS24 channel unpowered analog mixer. Do I need a subwoofer with this?.

Comment

Carvin will have suitable replacements. Pretty heavy cabinets though, you sure you want to carry that much weight around?
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Former product development engineer: Genz Benz, a KMC Music/FMIC/JAM Industries Company, continuing factory level product support and service for Genz Benz

Currently product development engineer: Mesa Boogie

Comment

Two men can easily carry them they are not heavy as Carvin says 120 lbs. I don't think so..I am going put Casters on them and handles.The worst is not the weight but their bigness.They were a tight fit in a SUV. We had a 1/2 inch to spare.almost could not fit them in the vehicle.
        Last edited by chord123; 02-19-2017, 09:05 PM.

Comment

I used a set of those a local band had for a few years. They really were not a bad box and all in all sounded pretty good. Makes for a good drum monitor too. My only advice is to check the crossover where the wires connect. I've seen them vibrate off and a speaker stop working. As Andy stated Cavin should still have parts for them.

Comment

In regards to power amp size. I used both a peavey cs800x at 400 watts RMS at 4 ohms and a Yamaha P Series amp. I think it was 700 watts at 4 ohms. Both were handled by the speaker with no complaints.

Comment

Working...
            X