Flooding in N.CA

• Members

Well the entire lower level of my home is underwater. Got out a lot of gear but lost some Community lip fills and a lot of power tools. The entire heating system was wiped out as well as the hot water tank and a lot of other smaller things. I got out all the stuff that really mattered or was truly irreplaceable. The water level on the street is about 5' and running hard. Huge sections of trees floating by, debris like crazy. This place is going to look like a war zone when its over.

• Members

Tomm, I am so sorry to hear this. I am happy you were able to save some gear you valued. More importantly it sounds as though you and yours are safe, and nothing else really matters does it? Stay safe, accept help when it is offered, and help others when you can. All I can offer from 3000 miles away is prayers, and you have them.

• Members
Tomm' date=' I am so sorry to hear this. I am happy you were able to save some gear you valued. More importantly it sounds as though you and yours are safe, and nothing else really matters does it? Stay safe, accept help when it is offered, and help others when you can. All I can offer from 3000 miles away is prayers, and you have them.[/quote']

Well thank you much Stu. This one kind of caught us off guard, the river came up and crested the barriers so fast no one could really react fast enough. Never in a million years would I have expected this kind of water in this town. Apparently I'm not alone.

• Members

Got my lower level pretty much back in shape. Ended up losing some raw drivers as well and a really cool old Electrovoice speaker cabinet from the 50's or 60's. I'll start dump runs tomorrow and then hopefully I can get the rest of the mud out of the yard.

It could have been far worse

• Members

Take pictures of everything! Especially anything that's destroyed. Not sure if you have insurance for flood, but if the damage in your area is extensive the Federal Government may step in. Hopefully you're not in an area of clay. Christ that mud made things difficult to clean. We are getting killed by the freeze/thaw cycles. Roads are just falling apart.

• Members

The Susan river flooded??? Whoa! I didn't know you were that close to the river. I'm only 90 miles away. If you need any oddball things in a pinch, ring me up and if I can, I'd be glad to help out. How about your Luthier sideline (I know you custom build guitars)? Did you save your wood shop & projects?

Ouch!

Again, If I can help, let me know.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Well thanks for asking Stu

In the end, I didn't do too bad. Lost some front fill speakers, a CD player and some guitar speaker cabinets but all in all, nothing that really crushed me. Lost a number of other smaller things but faired ok.

Now my neighbors did not fare so well. One home was condemned and several

Others were damaged pretty bad. One neighbor lost his car as it was completely submerged for hours. But I have to say, in the big picture, we did ok. Nobody was injured or died and you can always buy more stuff so I think we did just fine.

• Members

sorry to hear tm, but yo will recover tear out the wet insulation ND DRYWALL WET CARPET BUT SAVE A SQUARE FOOT OF CARPET USE A WINDOW AIR COBDITIONER TO DRY THR AIR FIND ANY PICTURES SHOWING THE GENERAL CONDITION OF FLOODING IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD AND IF YOU CAN FIND A PIC OF YOUR HOUSE FRONT VIEW SHOWING FLOOD OF YOUR HOUSE SAVE THEM ALSO LOOK FOR PICS OF THE INSIDE OF YOUR HOUSE TO SHOW FLOOD CONDITIONS

IGET KNOCKED DOWN BUT i GETUP AGAIN

Archived