Bill, Andy, anyone else with some hazer knowledge .......

• Members

So I got what I hope turns out to be a decent deal off of eBay, but who knows. Wanted to get a hazer for some Halloween effects and found a Martin Jem K1 hazer. The ad says everything works except the heater (yea I know....) but I got it for $20 and $40 in shipping. Not bad for an almost $2K hazer. Obviously I need to repair it. I can't even find a repair manual for it on line so not off to a good start. Advice on how to start or what to do? Figured Bill or Andy might know something about them, but will take advice from anyone on this. It is not in my possession yet, so can't answer any questions yet because I JUST bought it and will take a few weeks to get here..... HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members

I did check Full Compass and they did not have for the K1, on line anyway. I could call to see if they what I need since the site says they have items not listed. That seems pointless today as the hazer has not been delivered so I can't verify the seller's diagnosis. Once it comes in I will try to do the testing and see what I actually do need to fix it. Currently, I was looking for "best way or place" to start the autopsy, access to a repair manual or parts list, etc. I am expecting to have to disassemble and slowly clean and rebuild it to get the performance it should have, but I could be wrong.

• Members
I did check Full Compass and they did not have for the K1' date=' on line anyway. I could call to see if they what I need since the site says they have items not listed. That seems pointless today as the hazer has not been delivered so I can't verify the seller's diagnosis. Once it comes in I will try to do the testing and see what I actually do need to fix it. Currently, I was looking for "best way or place" to start the autopsy, access to a repair manual or parts list, etc. I am expecting to have to disassemble and slowly clean and rebuild it to get the performance it should have, but I could be wrong.[/quote']

I use CLR and white vinegar to clean my hazers, CLR will even unclog one if needed.

Bill above is right the thermal sensor on them usually dies before a heater block does.

I'll bet once you get it tore down and figure out which component is messed up, you will have a great hazer.

• Members

I am sure hoping too. I miss my Radiance terribly. I wasn't in the market for this, but when I was seeing eBay bids at $2-3 dollars I thought....might as well bid. I put in $50 as top bid, but won at $20.00 I couldn't believe it. Even with some parts and work, it should be a minor investment compared to the replacement cost of big ticket items like real hazers. I am pretty excited to get it going. Pretty big compared to the Radiance but users have said they prefer it because of particle size compared to the Radiance. Time will tell, but hard to lose anything at this price point. :-)

• 4 weeks later...

Archived