New Yorkville speakers.

• Members

I also noticed on Yorkville's website that the E152 is no longer in production...replaced by the E1152.

I own/use four E152's....they are the most versatile box that I use.

A great feature with the E152's is that they have a cut (angle?) in the cab that allows me to use them as FOH speakers for smaller gigs AND as monitors on my bigger gigs.

The E1152 doesn't seem to have the same cabinet design.

The newer one doesn't seem to be as versatile IMO.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Yorkville always seems to be competing against themselves, and dulling their focus. The new replacement to the EF500P is sounding similar to the Parasource 15. Of course the Parasource is a plastic box. Maybe by leaving no stone unturned, Yorkville hopes to cover and capture all corners of the market.

I really like the Parasource line for an MI box, I wonder how the new EF's will compare.

• Members
Yorkville always seems to be competing against themselves, and dulling their focus. The new replacement to the EF500P is sounding similar to the Parasource 15. Of course the Parasource is a plastic box. Maybe by leaving no stone unturned, Yorkville hopes to cover and capture all corners of the market.

I really like the Parasource line for an MI box, I wonder how the new EF's will compare.

The new EF's do look good. I'm a little worried about the "Cap" kind of thing on the top and bottom. The sides sticking out looks like something that will get caught on stuff and be snapped off. Also for a new line release it looks kind of hurried. Notice the subs have no side handles? I'm sure this is just because they are prototypes but still if they are not going to have side handles its a no go for me.The little 15 inch subs look very nice. I bet a 4 pack of those centered would be a nice system. I see no passive subs listed but that would be something I'd be interested in. At least as far as a passive 15 sub for drum monitor/small mains. I've been using EF500p's for 10 years or so with 0 problems. I hope these new ones are just better sounding and lighter. Not a drop in quality.

Waiting for them to show up on Yorkville's site. Kind of a unorganized/limited release so far.

Doug

• Members

Since I learned of the changes a few days ago regarding the Elite series gear which I own I have been been looking on the Yorkville site frequently and nothing yet. I have the EF500/LS801 setup and have always considered doubling my subs. Wonder when they plan to phase the line out totally?

• Members
Since I learned of the changes a few days ago regarding the Elite series gear which I own I have been been looking on the Yorkville site frequently and nothing yet. I have the EF500/LS801 setup and have always considered doubling my subs. Wonder when they plan to phase the line out totally?

...It has been my experience that there seems to be little (if any) warning from a manufacturer that a line is being dropped.....

You'd better order another set of subs while they're still in production.

• Members

I was looking at the Parasource line and their 18 inch sub in this line really does look like the new Elite sub. 2 pull back handles an all... Interested in the new Elite sub measurements when they come out to compare to the parasource one.

http://yorkville.com/loudspeakers/paraline_parasource/product/ps18s/

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

That top and bottom cap on the Yorkville's is something Behringer Euro Live subs have been doing for years. A durable plastic glued to the wood on the sides and back as well. Carbon copy. I know Yorkville is in Canada. Hope they test that plastic for cracking in -30F temps.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/B1800XPROd4?adpos=1o1&creative=146356081832&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&product_id=B1800XPROd4&gclid=Cj0KEQiAlsrFBRCAxcCB54XElLEBEiQA_ei0DNuhVvCVTOiY3LrFt3HjeeUr_TIE7itjNkXwwUNxpOoaAg1o8P8HAQ

• Members
That top and bottom cap on the Yorkville's is something Behringer Euro Live subs have been doing for years. A durable plastic glued to the wood on the sides and back as well. Carbon copy. I know Yorkville is in Canada. Hope they test that plastic for cracking in -30F temps.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/B1800XPROd4?adpos=1o1&creative=146356081832&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&product_id=B1800XPROd4&gclid=Cj0KEQiAlsrFBRCAxcCB54XElLEBEiQA_ei0DNuhVvCVTOiY3LrFt3HjeeUr_TIE7itjNkXwwUNxpOoaAg1o8P8HAQ

To me the caps looks like something that would catch on things and snap off or maybe even be a finger cutter. Have to wait and see. Really thinking of a pair of EF12p's. At only 2dbs lower output than my current ef500p's and much lighter they would make a nice smaller room speaker. With the same 60X40 horn I could use them together with the 500p's as well. Now when the price comes out and shipping date.....

Archived