Samsung buying Harman Kardon

• Members

Samsung must have more money than god. Their phones and washing machines are exploding so their losing all that revenue, and they'll likely be in lawsuits for the next decade...... eureka! that may be why! Spend the money while you still have it!

• Members

[h=2]From Wikipedia:

Brands[/h]

• AKG Acoustics - microphone/headphones
  • AMX - video switching and control devices
  • Bang & Olufsen Automotive
  • Becker - car infotainment
  • BSS Audio - signal processing
  • Crown International - pro amplifiers
  • dbx Professional Products - signal processors
  • DigiTech - guitar products
  • HardWire - guitar pedals
  • HiQnet - audio digital network, based on Ethernet
  • harman/kardon - home/car audio
  • Infinity - home/car speakers
  • JBL - home/car speakers & amplifiers, professional speakers
  • Lexicon - digital processing
  • Mark Levinson Audio Systems - home/car audio
  • Martin Professional - stage and architectural lighting and effects fixtures
  • Revel - home speakers
  • Selenium - home, car and professional speakers, amplifiers, sound tables/mixers
  • S1nn GmbH & Co.
  • Soundcraft - mixing consoles
  • Studer - mixing consoles

• Members

Perhaps the greatest danger of globalization is that the financial giants begin to dictate global policy and citizens of some countries will be deprived of their traditional revenues,

if the giants will not profitable production in a country, then this production will be destroyed, which means that residents lose their money ....

Giants decide - or do we live

• Members
I don't see any glaring redundancies such as the Fender/SWR/GB one that resulted from those buyouts? And it seems to me you did fine with your eventual move to MB? :)

Hard to say, a company like Samsung might be looking at some specific brands or technology (and licensing revenue) and spin (or flush) the rest?

I ended up ok, so did Jeff and Scott eventually, but there were a lot of really good guys who ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time and that still leaves an unsettling pit in my stomach.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

FWIW I've gotten good impressions of Samsung products (everyone makes a stinker once in a while) so maybe they'll leave the individual company's/division's R&D folks intact. To take a positive view, this might be a deeper bunch of resources (monetary and otherwise) for the audio companies to draw from. OR as Kalina2 says, this might turn into a turd sandwich for those aforementioned audio companies and those who depend on their excellent service & products.

Time will tell.

Archived