Big EV Sale

• Members

Yep, not sure how they are skirting MAP on this one, but often they advertise "used" and sell items for 20%-35% under MAP. I'm not saying they aren't used, but it's interesting they have so much used gear. You lose the warranty, so it's a gamble you have to be willing to take. (Note: that's not the case here, the EV sale is in new merchandise, presumably with warranty, but I suppose I'd confirm when ordering)

• Members

They are not skirting MAP. I received a mobile notice all EV gear is 25% off on new only with a code. The site says the normal price and you enter in the code for the discount when you check out. I have bought about 5 things from them have never had any problems. The ads clearly say new or used or B stock. I have even bought some demo lights from them before that were demos but were in never opened factory sealed boxes. Yes you need to keep both eyes open buying on the internet but I always use paypal or my discover card in case I have a dispute.

• Members

I got an email on it with the code. The "rules" vary by vendor on how and where you can advertise. I've purchased multiple items there myself, all without issue. Frankly the used prices can also be used as ballpark for new. Add maybe 5% to the used prices you see. And they do skirt map with the whole open box/b-stock thing, but that's commonplace in the market. Vendors open the box, or don't but sell it that way because they can't advertise it otherwise.

• Members

Guess mine will be new cause the factory has to ship it. Just received an email they over sold the new stock and it will be 5 days before they can get more in to ship. I am in no big rush so I don't really care. Usually things get here really quick from New York. I live in VA

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Finally got my other ZXA1 sub after being back ordered then lost by UPS for 6 days. Yes it is a brand new sub by the way not a B stock or used. I was really thinking of getting a 15 inch sub but glad I listened to aged horse and got another to match my other one. Having two really makes a big difference and for the size stuff I do will probably never need anything more. The absolute best thing about these is I can grab one in each hand and get up stairs no problem and will not make me dread hauling heavy equipment like my old 90 pound subs.

Archived