X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Presonus Faderport 8 announced

Have more control over your DAW mixing! $499

http://www.presonus.com/products/FaderPort-8
    PA Unity15's over LS800p's. YX15's, YX12's IPR power, RM32AI

LightsMartin Minimac Profiles, Chauvet Intimidator Spot Duos, Blizzard 3NX, Fab5, Hotbox

I posted about that in the Studio Trenches forum on Thursday or Friday. Looks interesting and the price is certainly lower than something like a Mackie Control, but it doesn't look as fully-featured as the new Behringer X-Touch, which is only $100 more.

Probably the biggest head-scratcher on the PreSonus is why they decided to go with a single universal data / pan knob instead of putting one per channel like they did with the faders. Even the X-Touch Compact has pan pots on all channels, and it's $100 less expensive.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

That X-Touch is interesting, I'm just not a behringer fan.
      PA Unity15's over LS800p's. YX15's, YX12's IPR power, RM32AI

LightsMartin Minimac Profiles, Chauvet Intimidator Spot Duos, Blizzard 3NX, Fab5, Hotbox

Comment

Originally posted by StratGuy22 View Post
        That X-Touch is interesting, I'm just not a behringer fan.
        A lot of people feel that way, but obviously a lot of people don't too. I will say that I've been hearing much less reliability complaints lately, especially concerning their new digital boards, which a lot of people really seem to like. I have not tried one of their new DAW controllers, but I'd certainly be open do reviewing one. I'll see if I can set it up at AES.

"Look at it this way: think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of 'em are stupider than that."

- George Carlin

"It shouldn't be expected that people are necessarily doing what they appear to be doing on records."

- Sir George Martin, All You Need Is Ears

"The music business will be revitalized by musicians, not the labels or Live Nation. When the musicians decide to put music first, instead of money, the public will flock to the fruits and the scene will be healthy again."

- Bob Lefsetz, The Lefsetz Letter

Comment

Working...
        X