2016 Bay Seafood Festival

• Members

Look up, look way up.... sorry that's a Canadian reference. Nice set up, but I get vertigo just looking at the speakers. I think I mentioned my daughter had to run a Genie lift in her fourth year tech class - hanging lights in a theatre. In fact I even had a brief lighting career but just couldn't stand the heights. I don't mind band lighting gigs, but theatre work is too much for this chicken.

So with all that food, I hope the crew got to eat!

• Members
Sure makes tree trimming' date=' painting, siding work much better then using ladder jacks, scaffolding or just a single ladder a breeze![/quote']

Once you have used the big boy tools, it's really hard to go back to the "good 'ol days"!

For example, with a boom lift or scissor lift for this one particular job, it used to take 3 guys 5 hours to do the install and with the lift it takes an hour and a half with 2 guys. Do the math and the savings easily pays for the lift time (don't have to pay for delivery or pick-up, we just share the total hours).

Oh, and I don't hurt for 2 days afterwards either.

• Members

What's the cost to the client of servicing those projectors up there?

Did you have any problems with vibration from hanging the projector? I have troubleshot several installations like that and there was enough vibration coupled through from the roof diaphragm that the pixels were moving as much as 0.25" on the screen causing the symptom of loss of focus (that's what it looked like). I won't install like that, too many bad feelings down the road.

Archived