Turbosound iP1000 Inspire

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbosound iP1000 Inspire

Hi guys!
    What can you say about the Turbosound iP1000 Inspiron?

It is a pity that there is no real users who have at their disposal the iP1000 or iP2000

Comment

Not a fan of Bose style mini "arrays" would never try one as it doesn't suit any of my needs.
      PA Unity15's over LS800p's. YX15's, YX12's IPR power, RM32AI

LightsMartin Minimac Profiles, Chauvet Intimidator Spot Duos, Blizzard 3NX, Fab5, Hotbox

Comment

Why?
        I am interested to know your opinion on the sound of the mini-array.
        I also have doubts, but I would like to know your opinion

Comment

As a 5 piece classic rock band, where the kick drum is important, I just don't think it's going to happen with that setup. Does every person need one? What's the cost for each one? And why would I replace gear that's paid off and making money.

A buddy has a Bose one for a coffee house gig, and it works pretty good there. Just have to use the right tool for the job.
          PA Unity15's over LS800p's. YX15's, YX12's IPR power, RM32AI

LightsMartin Minimac Profiles, Chauvet Intimidator Spot Duos, Blizzard 3NX, Fab5, Hotbox

Comment

Can't find any specs on SPL or frequency response. This should tell anyone with half a brain that it is a POS

Comment

Oh yeah!
              no performance

Comment

I use two of the IP2000 for a four piece classic rock band; guitar, guitar/keys, bass, electronic drums. I've used them in small (30-50 seat venues) and small outdoor shows. IMHO the Turbosounds outdo the Bose, as the turbos have better low end and a small horn for better high end sound. I set them up on either side of the backline and use them as both foh and monitors; they have worked quite well for me. In addition my wife has one she uses for hosting karoke shows in 50-100 seat venues. It works well for her, also. I wouldn't hesitate to use them in a 100-200 seat venue, but would use additional subs, as the turbo subs don't carry as well as the mids and highs. Given the difference in price between them and the Bose, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them anywhere this type of system would be appropriate. They are not an end-all solution by any means, but are a decent tool for some situations.
                Eschew Obfuscation.

Comment

• Kalina2
                  Kalina2 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I fear the loss of drive, pressure, impact force ..... I do not know how to call it

By the way, I switched to the turbos from a pair of Alto TS112as over a pair of Yorville PS210p subs, along with 4-6 monitors. Just using the turbos now for foh and monitors and like the sound better. We mix from stage so it's easier with the foh behind us as monitors. As always, ymmv.
                Eschew Obfuscation.

Comment

As for specs; the ip2000 can be found here; http://www.music-group.com/Categorie.../p/P0BKX/specs
                  Eschew Obfuscation.

Comment

• Kalina2
                    Kalina2 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you, friend, but these features are not enough to create a complete picture .....
                    1000W - RMS? speaker characteristics? Power subwoofer? Power poles?
                    Many questions - few answers .... I see the hand Behringer
                    Last edited by Kalina2; 09-05-2016, 10:17 AM.

So the 2000 maximum spl is 123. The 1000 would probably be around 120. Pretty lame IMO.

Comment

I haven't tried the 1000 and so couldn't recommend it, but the 2000 words well for me. Given that the sound carries better than a typical 12+horn 123db us plenty for my applications. If such wouldn't work for you or the op, don't use it.
                    Eschew Obfuscation.

Comment

Originally posted by madjack View Post
                      I haven't tried the 1000 and so couldn't recommend it, but the 2000 words well for me. Given that the sound carries better than a typical 12+horn 123db us plenty for my applications. If such wouldn't work for you or the op, don't use it.
                      Yes because Uli has somehow figured out how to beat the laws of physics.
                      Last edited by modulusman; 09-06-2016, 06:17 PM.

Comment

It doesn't break the laws of physics. Line arrays because of the vertical alignment of multiple drivers the sound doesn't drop off as fast. They carry further, for that plus there is a mnus close up. Up close they don't have a good balance. Concert venues deploy huge line arrays in a 'J' pattern for this reason. The speakers at the bottom loop are pointed at the front rows. http://http://www.prosoundweb.com/ar...ks_for_asking/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_array

Comment

Ah yes; Uli made it so it must be bad.
                          Eschew Obfuscation.

Comment

Working...
                          X