Anyone try the RCF 732a speakers yet?

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I heard them when I was looking. For what I was looking for, I narrowed my search to the RCF 732 and the Yamaha DSR 112. There were things I loved about both speakers. The RCF sound very musical and are a great speaker. What I liked over the DSRs was that the RCF had a much better low end than the Yamaha. I was actually quite surprised at how much low end they were able to put out... The DSR's I preferred the higher end. Particularly as the volume went up the RCF's got a little harsh at higher volume to my ears, but the DSR's stayed relatively smooth throughout.

Ultimately, since I intend to use them with subs I went with the DSR's. If I were going to use them alone, I would have gone with the RCFs. As I said, both are quite good, it just came down to which was better for my purposes....

Hope that helps

• Members
I heard them when I was looking. For what I was looking for, I narrowed my search to the RCF 732 and the Yamaha DSR 112. There were things I loved about both speakers. The RCF sound very musical and are a great speaker. What I liked over the DSRs was that the RCF had a much better low end than the Yamaha. I was actually quite surprised at how much low end they were able to put out... The DSR's I preferred the higher end. Particularly as the volume went up the RCF's got a little harsh at higher volume to my ears, but the DSR's stayed relatively smooth throughout.

Ultimately, since I intend to use them with subs I went with the DSR's. If I were going to use them alone, I would have gone with the RCFs. As I said, both are quite good, it just came down to which was better for my purposes....

Hope that helps

That is a very fair assessment of the DSR112's.

Another member here (Abzurd) has lots of RCF boxes, but not that particular one IIRC). Perhaps he will chime in if he has heard them (I haven't .... only the older gen 312's).

• Members

Picker,

What's your application DJ or Band?

I would love to find the ideal pair of tops I could run a whole 5 piece rock band through for small pubs, i.e: 50 to 75 people, without having to bring a sub. Basically miked acoustic drums, bass, guitar, keys and vocals with lots of available power for something bigger.

Do you think the RCF's would fill this need or should I be looking for something else?

• Members

I can tell you without question the 745A will do this. That's part of why I bought them and we've done a few private parties with no subs. It's also nice to know that even in a larger show if a sub goes out I can go full range on the side with the bad sub and not lose much. It was part of the decision process. I decided why buy a spare sub that I have to haul around, and ideally should have in the venue (where there's seldom room for it). Instead I put more money towards better tops that I can use every show and have the capability of handling low end material at decent SPL. I've been using them a year and have been very happy.

• Members
Abzurd, thanks for the feedback.

Some here have recommended the Yorkville Parasource, I'm certain they are great speakers but at 60lbs each I decided to look for another solution.

That's the thing. If you can get over the aesthetics and the fact they are "plastic" cabs you're probably getting the most versitle, pound for pound, speaker going for the price (around $1350 street). The compression driver is unreal. It crosses over an octave and a half lower than most speakers at 650Hz. This allows pattern control and throw at much lower frequencies than most.

Archived