JBL 718XLF - best price I've seen (through Monday)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
If you would have them...do you want to use 4 PRX718 with 2x PRX712's? Or in what setup? grtz

I do own a pair of those, but if I had 4 718 subs I'd use them with a pair of RCF 745A tops. They can get stupid loud.

• Members

Whats the crossover abilities in the PRX 718? Is it a full range frequency or is it set at 120 hz? PSSL has them fot $999 and I'm Thinking of picking up 4, but I'd be using them with some QSC HPR 122i's that have the processing in them set at 100 hz.

• Members

It has a fixed frequency crossover out and a straight pass through, with means a full range out. To use with your QSC tops you would just run your tops full range and use the crossover out on the subs. This keeps your crossover DSP clean as the sub is handling it all versus having the sub stop at its crossover point (frequency and slope) while the top crossover at a different point and with possibly a different slope.

• Members

Why are you suggesting this? I plan on trying both ways to see which performs best. My thinking is that the sub itself cuts off at 100 with a 24db slope. Ican run a full range and use the tops cutoff, which is set at 100 also. No hole.

• Members

I am suggesting that because that's how JBL designed the system to work. There is more to the system than just the knee of one half of the crossover. I do remember that this is an asymmetric crossover, but I'm willing to assume that the system designers know more than I do.

Archived