Good mic for a female singer?

• Members

The band is getting ready to replace the female singers old mic and I'm looking for suggestions? Gain before feedback is very important and yes she does stay on the mic. She has an older sennheiser model now forget the number but its one of cheaper ones; Budget is to keep it under 200 dollars.

• Members

A pink one? I can sing a lot higher and lower than my wife :D I don't think that there are genders to mics.

What doesn't she like about the current mic? For things like this, I just use SM58s, but I am not picky and I don't like to think about some things more than I have to... they work fine for most applications, are rugged enough, available everywhere.

• Members

You should borrow or rent a variety of mics and test them in a band context before buying. That said, I have had some good luck with these models, which you may want to look into testing:

Sennheiser e935 and e945

EV N/D 767

Where are you located, OP? I bet some folks on here would let you borrow some mics for the cost of a seat at the show and a beer or two.

• Members

I'd also recommend the Sennheiser E935, E945 series. The EV n/d767a is also a good dynamic mic and they are being discontinued so can be had cheap. Guitar Center were selling some recently for $49 which is a complete bargain!

• Members

I've got a bunch of each of those; N/Dym 767a, e935, and e945. The super-cardioid 767a is particularly bright,,,and cuts through a mix like crazy. Tthe e935(cardioid) is more middle-of-the-road in character,,,, but the e945(super-cardioid) stands alone character-wise. Very rich/warm/mellow sounding mic. (if that suits her voice).

• 2 months later...

Archived