Upgrade's for Yamaha DXR15's

• Members

Hi,

I'm curious to know what I'd be looking at to upgrade my Yamaha DXR15 tops. I really like the DXR15's and have had continuous complements on the results I get with them but I find them a little scooped in sound and lack a little warmth.

Ideally what I'd like is :-

1/ Less scooped mids

2/ Slightly higher output

3/ Even deeper bass (or no less)

4/ Built in crossover

5/ No heavier than DXR15's (23kg)

I will be using these tops with a pair of QSC KW181 subs so having a built in crossover is essential as the KW181's don't have one. I also want something that can at least go as deep (preferably deeper) than the DXR15's as I often just use these just by themselves in smaller venues and run bass guitar, acoustic kick drum or V-Drums through them. The DXR15's have coped with this very well but if I could get something that does this even better then great! As I'm carrying these regularly by myself I don't want anything heavier than the DXR15's (23kg).

What would you recommend given my requirements?

• Members

What is your budget? The DXR series is pretty darn amazing in both sound quality and quantity and to get much significant improvement over them requires stepping up a league in quality and price for some pro-level cabs.

That said, if you can bear the extra weight, the SRX812P and SRX815P would be step up, but at significant cost and would be heavier.

• Members

Hi,

My budget is up to £2000. Those JBL's look great but I really want something no heavier than the DXR15's. Some speakers that I've been considering are the QSC KW112's. Also, FBT has just announced new versions of the Promaxx series and a brand new Ventis series.

Archived