SRX812P review coming.....

• Members

Howdy folks,

I have these on order and in the mail. Very excited. I've been wanting SRX level for years and it just wasn't in the affordability department for the small stuff I do. It sounds like these will stick with a DSR112 from what I've been reading and researching, but being a bit spendier than the DSR's hoping they will outperform. I traded in my ZLX12P (good riddance) and a set of extra MRX subs I didn't use much.

Sub: I can't afford the single or double sub at this time but this is just a startup rig, I keep my MRX system for now as it is my cashcow but is now going on 4 years old and with my old amps I figured it's better to start changing over now before I get a failure live. I do have a EV ELX118P that should match up nicely with these to cover the sub frequencies. It won't keep up with the SRX's I'm sure but they'll do for now. Question: Is it safe to say the ELX's and SRX's will have a close proximity in regards to latency of the DSP? Is there anyway to know if the SRX will have to be delayed so they have the same DSP latency?

I'll probably opt for pair SRX818P down the road, I just can't justify the SRX828P due to size, no pole cup, and overkill for most of stuff I do. I will try to get a video up as well. Thought I'd share!

• Members

Thanks for the responses. re digital processing, doesn't appear to be so from the manual, no mention in the manual. there would be delay with the JBL's dsp I assume. We will have to listen and see I guess. Working on the kitchen doing reno, have them in garage in the boxes.....one box has a nice 12 inch ripi in it on delivery. Hoping tonight....BTW. I can't find much literature on the JBL 2272F driver?

Archived