Scheduling calendar?

• Members

I'm looking for ideas for what might exist for putting together a website based scheduling calendar? I'm starting from scratch here with basically no clue how to go about implementing my idea for facilitating band scheduling. I'd prefer the end result not turn into a real-world re-make of the movie "The Big Picture". What I think I'd like to do is put together a website that's a basic planning calendar for our band project... where the band members log-in and black-out dates when they have other commitments... so our booking person can bring up the calendar and commit or not to offered performance opportunities. A key criterion is ease of use for my band mates.

We're all busy folks who like to perform... but we all have day jobs and life related activities which encumber our discretionary time. Our biggest challenge to performing is our group PAM (player availability matrix)... some members have more encumbrances than others at times... it fluctuates. We absolutely don't want to change members for others who may have more open-ended schedules.

I don't want to reinvent the wheel if there's already something on the shelf that would work... as I suspect there is. Any help that can be offered is appreciated.

• Members

https://www.wheresthegig.com/ Fantastic site! I've known about it for years but just started using. It's been great and sounds like it's exactly what you're looking for. Best of all, it's free (well donation, which I was happy to do).

It's not the prettiest thing out there, and is just a "one man shop" so no guarantees, but then again, I've seen many paid services go belly up.

Mark, if you want, I can do a "WebEx" with you and run you through the site to show you what it does.

• Members

I work as the software developer on a distributed team.

We have a whole lot of ways of working it, but we use google calendar to schedule and confirm using its invites system...

you make a google calendar event and then invite folks, they get an email and confirm. And that's it. It integrates with all kinds of things.

I have, for instance, a site setup for a buddy that pulls its events from google calendar. It shows up on my phone's calendars and my desktop calendar.

Very easy. Free, I think.

https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/37161

• Members
I work as the software developer on a distributed team.

We have a whole lot of ways of working it, but we use google calendar to schedule and confirm using its invites system...

you make a google calendar event and then invite folks, they get an email and confirm. And that's it. It integrates with all kinds of things.

I have, for instance, a site setup for a buddy that pulls its events from google calendar. It shows up on my phone's calendars and my desktop calendar.

Very easy. Free, I think.

https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/37161

We did this for years, but WTG is much more than a calender. That said, you can export to a Google Calendar from the website.

Archived