USB "Direct Box"

• Members

I use the Peavey model a lot. Typically for break music when we play out, but for DJing etc. Windows recognizes it right away as a sound device. Only issues are when we use another member of the bands laptop with Itunes, you have to plug the device in first before loading itunes. I've never really used stereo mode, only mono.

I'm really looking forward to Radial's bluetooth direct box. Less cables, easy hookup with the most common devices.

• Members

Seems bluetooth isgetting better...saw this one:

• [h=6]Supported Profiles[/h]
    • AVCTP 1.0AVRCP 1.0GAVDP 1.2AVDTP 1.0A2DP 1.2Hands-Free Profile (HFP) 1.5Headset Profile (HSP) 1.1

• Supported Codec: SBC, MP3, AAC, aptX

Guess the aptX is supposed to be decent audio quality...

Still on 2.4 ghz though...

http://www.idjnow.com/denon-pro-dn-200br-stereo-bluetooth-audio-receiver.html?gclid=Cj0KEQiA89u1BRDz8enExq7rvN0BEiQAaFCHm9WxWqqjqRPxNDOqx-WeB9tyUHey7jPy3J58JZZz86waArwp8P8HAQ#

• Members
Yeah, there are a couple of devices out there, but it seems that only the Radial gives the option for Mono or Stereo. I prefer to run Mono to save channel count, and of course, one less cable.

http://www.prosoundweb.com/article/radial_introduces_bt-pro_bluetooth_direct_box/

Peavey supports Stereo/mono it appears. Holy cow..... the price on the radial is 229.00? Wow. Peavey is around 60.00?

So I tried to look up the bit rate on the Peavey and can't seem to find it. Looked up the bit rate on my ZED10 and it's USB 16 bit. Radial is 24 bit. Hmmmm......to justify 229.00 price.....wow you can get a zed for 299 new last time I looked. I don't need it for the ground iso just to be able to run USB streaming to powered boxes for small stuff so I don't have to drag along a mixer. Peavey seems it will do the job well....just wonder what the bit rate is?

• Members

Why not use analog out (headphone) to analog input of powered boxes?

In the pro world, we generally try to avoid computer interfaces wherever possible (and wherever it makes sense). Most headphone outs, with the proper cables (not 1/8"TRS - XLR by the way) are a much better way to go.

• Members

Aged: Headphone amplifiers can introduce distortion into the chain correct? Source is a run of the mill laptop. Sure I could run a 1/8" cable to a powered speaker 25' to 75' feet away (then xlr out to the other powered box I suppose but why not run balanced and use my existing mic cables?

Proper cabling you speak of is a direct box right with 1/8" input and bal xlr with ground lift? If not please suggest proper solution!

Suppose that would work too, but don't trust anything 1/8", usb cable has never disconnected or shorted on me yet?

Archived