Bose F1 vs JBL PRX

• Members

Re bose F1's, interesting, but seems to be lacking some info. According to this it "automatically" adjusts the array when you move it or adjust it, so would that mean it has a switch on the hinge to "know" it was moved?

Marketing hype?

I suppose the folks who use "real" line arrays can answer this question!

Quality performance

Engineered with a flexible array of eight high-output mid/high drivers, a high-powered 12-inch woofer, a lower crossover point according to this:

https://www.bose.com/products/speakers/portable_pa_speakers/F1-flexible-array-loudspeaker.html#ProductTabs_tab2

But what crossover point if you wanted to mix and match with different brands/models of subs?

Weight seems reasonable at 44 lbs. I wonder how it would sound against a PRX as well.

Final thought, that stand with the included sub, eeeek. reminds me of forts we used to build from old boxe in the garage as kids. I assume it's not cheap particle board though.

• Members

I was curious about the auto adjust also. As far as mixing and matching if I pull the trigger I would sell my entire system and buy the subs too. My tops only weigh 37 pounds and my subs 50 so I would increase my weight a bit but the cab sizes are smaller footprint.. I'm a JBL guy and never was all that impressed with the L series... but these look interesting. Theres a utube comparison out there 612 vs bose but I really cant tell too much there.

The stand is pretty rugged I think it is hardened plastic. ​

• Members

I really don't find my JBL to be lacking in anything to be honest. We are a sequence band - backing tracks with live keys guitar- no one uses amps - the JBL is FOH and we use monitors. Play rooms 50-150... sometimes I only bring half the system. Its loud clean and clear - but ... i'm always looking to sound as good as possible. Bose has a great reputation and everyone's "line array" crazy now a days - Bose is pretty pricey but in the line array segment these are pretty cheap aren't they in comparison to a jbl line array system?

Archived