Comments welcome

• Members

The one lone SX200 is a ceiling mounted monitor as far as I can tell as it is facing the stage. The two at the back of the stage, also ceiling mounted, are facing forward.

Looking at the processing, there is no delay.

The facility is an auction house and event center.

• Members

These are the kinds of installations that (should and often do) haunt the installer/designer forever, like a bad memory. If you are fortunate enough not to get sued for failure to reasonably follow industry best practices (thus delivering a grossly defective design).

I just walked away from an installation where the client made all of the very worst possible choices in every aspect of their project, everybody on the committee had their own agenda and were clear that they would likely litigate if they were not pleased with the results. I knew they would be unhappy (and justifiably so) but when a client tells you how to do something, you know it's going to end poorly, and they reserve the right to litigate, that's when you run like hell (IMO). The gift that keeps on taking, year after year after year like a bad divorce.

• Members

I dunno... I'm not defending it but it looks like just about every jukebox installation with speakers I've seen done by amusement companies in bars all over the United States. Could it be better? Absolutely. Is the client going to be disappointed? Only if they've been exposed to better options. Otherwise a "better" option on paper only looks more expensive. Unless you educate your client and demonstrate the differences and/or they perceive an issue with the system or his clients opinion of it, it will most likely suffice for his needs. Anybody that needs anything different, or more of it, will probably bring their own system.

• Members

I absolutely agree with both of you! I know it's not a jukebox set up and I did see the stage. I was just thinking the owner may have talked to the guy that did the install at his buddy's bar or something. You go with what you know, until you know better. I think I saw that on someone's signature here.

Archived