A&H Digital Mixer - Channel reassignment

• Members

I want to juggle some channels around the next time I play at club XYZ, where our band's setup is saved in a scene. Specifically, I want to move channels 6 through 20 over to 8 through 22.

Is that a big deal, or a small deal, to ask the venue sound guy? Hopefully there is some kind of "insert channel strip" thing in the UI?

I don't know which mixer it is, but it's about two years old, A&H, deep blue, digital, big LCD screen, 24 channels and at least 3 aux sends.

Thanks,

Wes

• CMS Author

If it's a QU, a quick peek at the reference guide shows you can reassign channels, but it's somewhat tedious (surprise, surprise...). You can copy/paste a channel's processing settings, so if the mixer is "full" (all channels are in use/assigned) then you'll have to overwrite at least one channel in order to do this. And then you'll have to manage the routing and levels, as I don't think there's a way to move those settings.

I'd say this one's worth a meal and a beer for the sound guy.:D

• Members

Thanks, Craig!

It's good to know how much work is involved before asking someone -- who is under time-pressure and maybe a stranger -- to do something. My goal is to juggle things so that I can get one tom on each mic - the setup in the mixer has the two rack toms sharing a mic because we were short snake channels when we did the original setup. Sonically, I doubt it matters much, but one tom per mic means that we don't have to fiddle with the mic position to get them even during sound check.

Wes

Archived