Dynachord D-Lite Sub 118 cabs

• Members

OK, just so you won't think that I'm a moron for posting a link unrelated to to the post... I tried to link to the product specs page on the Dynachord sub mentioned. The "Add Link" function is apparently broken as it would only link to the home page for Dynachord, not to this product. THEN, trying to remove the link to just the home page H-C wouldn't let me remove the link and save the post, won't let me remove the post and start over, wouldn't let me leave a reason for editing it with just a link to the Cubs home page, and generally just made me really PO'd. What gives?!? Sheesh! NOT an improvement on how posting to this forum used to work... Craig?!?

• Members

Try Dynacord not Dynachord

Here: http://www.dynacord.com/en/products/7/1/1/6_sub118.html

It's a decent middle of the road sub with very nice (but heavy) mechanicals. If in good shape, it's a good deal IMO. I wouldn't power with more than 800 watts RMS myself though, the power handling numbers appear optimistic... 1400 watt program would have me worrying. I would remove the passive crossover and "protector" and run as a standard sub with my own processing (including a 24dB/octave BW HPF at 35Hz), but that's just me.

• Members

Hmm, as always, I appreciate the feedback Andy. I wish they were 4 ohm subs... as I have the perfect amp for that based on your power recommendations. They would certainly be an upgrade on the Peavey Subcompacts one band I work for keeps as backup. The Peavey Impulse 1012s I have would probably mate up to them pretty good, too. I might have to pick them up... thanks!

Archived