Carvin: Standing on the Shoulders of Giants (i.e. Bose)

• Members

http://www.carvinaudio.com/products/trc610a-10000w-complete-trx-pa-system

The 10,000 watt TRC610A is a compact column array sound system featuring twice the subs and power of the TRC410A system. The TRC610A includes four TRx3903 columns and four TRx3010A powered subs. The coverage remains the same, 200 feet by 200 feet except with extended low frequencies. The added power from 5000 watts to 10,000 watts adds extra headroom with each TRx3903 having its own power amp instead of two columns sharing one amp. With Carvin’s CDD™ line array technology, the person in the front is not blasted by sound and the person in the rear hears crystal clear. The TRC610A brings the low frequencies to match the pristine highs for concert levels serving, main stages for events up to 1000 people

Emphasis mine.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Each column is 180 watts continuous, and 128 peak SPL, which IIRC is around what the Bose columns are. I could certainly cover 1000 people with four Bose towers and four Bose subs - if the people were cardboard cutouts!!!

I've heard four piece bands using two Bose towers (and subs) that were having difficulty making a 100 people concert happen. Carvin's claim is audacity in action. What did they do, assemble 1000 mimes in suits of armour, seated in a glass enclosure and say "see, they can hear the system fine"...

Archived