Turbosound IQ 12 any thoughts or experiences ?

• Members

Hey Guys,

i have been very happy with my Elx 12 p speakers...EV brand

I like the wood box and to my ears I have been able to get a great sounding show for our 3 piece 70s style Trio..

I started With a pair and recently picked up another pair of refurbished for a great price, I also picked up a pair of Yamaha DRX 12s and while they are very clean and loud I was still never able to get a warm 70's style vocal sound out of them like I can with The EVs...but they do make for extremely powerful monitors...

overkill for us, but still they are good quality boxes...

I have recently heard nice reviews about the new turbosound IQ 12s with power con adapters and was curious if anyone had any thoughts?

i have learned a lot from all of you guys ,and am still learning ....and open minded

thanks!

• Members

Well,

the Void in the current system is that in this area there are a lot of winery gigs with larger crowds and I could use some more output overall..

we are using high pass filters on everything right now so I am assuming subs would be useless for acoustic instruments and vocals,and I really like the 12 inch speakers vs the 15's for overall clarity...

• Members

Thanks Craig,

For your response , I have seen your threads in countless topics and you have always been informative and intelligent with your experience....and I'm happy there are still people that take the time to share their knowledge with us all...

I am looking forward to getting a live demo of these and need to make a purchase fairly soon as the fall is our busy season...

If you have any suggestions on where to purchase please let me know..

Best

Tommy

Archived