Fender reverb tank isolation

• Members

While doing a recent gig, I had something happen I've never before encountered. While mixing for a band on a less than totally solid wooden stage, I could hear the reverb tank in a performers Fender amp shaking through the system. Suggestions on what HE might do to fix that ?

• Members

Did he have the rubber washers... under his tank? Was his verb up really loud?

Personally, I've had so many Fender tanks die on me, I've just been using reverb pedals as of late. Solves the whole issue, unless you're a real purist, in which case a pad like Craig suggested, or perhaps a different tank.

• Members
A lot of effort often goes into the isolation systems on spring reverbs. Generally' date=' the mounting and isolation approach is pretty mechanical and intuitive in nature.[/quote']

I just repaired a broken lead on the tank of my Fender DRRI. Tank sits on a piece of corrugated cardboard in a vinyl pouch with a wood screw on each end. Factory. I suppose a half inch foam sheet under the CC may help.

• Members
I just repaired a broken lead on the tank of my Fender DRRI. Tank sits on a piece of corrugated cardboard in a vinyl pouch with a wood screw on each end. Factory. I suppose a half inch foam sheet under the CC may help.

Maybe, but maybe not and may make things worse. It depends on how the coupling is happening all the way back to the receive transducer.

Archived