V Drum question??

• Members

My PD 80 R Roland snare drum suddenly started having the same sound - when it was hit on the pad -- OR hit on the rim (the rim is supposed to be separate).

Is this fixable -- or time for a new one?? Any ideas?

Thank You..

• CMS Author

Next check to see if there's output on each circuit. I'm not totally familiar here, but I think you could use a Y cable to split the stereo cable into two mono circuits and test each individually.

The snare has a pretty simple setup. The head pickup is in the center of the head, and is mounted directly over the rim pickup piezo. Both are wired directly to the output TRS jack. The "ground" wires of each are connected together at the sleeve of the TRS. The Tip *I think* is connected to the snare head, and the ring to the rimshot piezo. There could be a short from tip to ring, which would possibly be the problem.

• Members

have you checked the module to see if the head and rim may have gotten set to the same sound? This depends on which module you have, I use a td20 and can change a setting and the head and rim sounds can be changed seperately.

just another possibility

• Members

Well ---

I am still not exactly sure...

I get impatient -- so i ordered a replacement drum pad from Musicians Friend - but it acted just like the old one -- so -- back it went.

For sure - the head is set to the drum sound - and the rim is set to the Rim Shot sound ---

I think i may have the sensitivity turned up too high --- so that the two seniors are both sensing the strike - wherever I hit - and then one is just "overriding" the other at different times?

Like I say -- mine is the TD 8 brain -- so the whole set is getting old??

I am continuing to make little changes in the settings -- trying to improve the circumstances.

• Members

Yes I have done that -- too.

My set is used by another drummer -- who plays in MY band --- but also by me -- when I play in another band. The requirements of the two situations are quite different --- hence things get switched around a lot... somewhere in there - this little problem has come up.

Sometimes I get in a hurry - and when something isn't right -- I just try "things" - to get it working --- but yes -- sometimes I head in the wrong direction.. lol

• Members

have you considered changing the trigger banks so that when he plays set it to bank 1 and make all the necessary adjustments, and when you play them change to trigger bank 2 and set the adjustments for your playing. I use this for the different drum set ups I use and it works great

Archived