Aged Horse --- no more Genz Benz?

• Members

What effect did it have? Well, I no longer had a design job there, and a lot of really good folks lost their jobs as well. I did agree to continue my product support contract, providing warranty and out of warranty service to our dealers, repair shops and end users. The biggest change is that I joined Mesa Boogie as a product development engineer, and that has been a lot of fun actually.

Regarding used Shen Pro LT's, I see them come up on evil bay regularly, plus the classifieds here on HC and some acoustic forums.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

... just found this forum again after it was blocked by my workplace for some time ( and having heard myself say that for the fist time, probably for good reason), but after seeing this active thread wanted to make sure that my first post after coming back was a quick public thank you to Andy for all of his guidance while I was gearing up to be a gigging bassist again... and for the deals on the 3 remaindered Shen cabs and Streamliner 600 head. Playing bass has never been so much fun or rewarding for me.

I guess I'll have to check out the new Genzler gear when it finally shows up in my neck of the woods, but since I'm happily using many G-B and TubeWorks pieces that I just can't bring myself to part with... which I know Andy had a hand in... I'm not in a hurry to switch GEARs... they're just too good!

THanks again, Andy!!!

• 5 months later...
  • Members

Man, I've been gone far to long. Sorry Andy and on the other side of the coin....congrats! (Btw, old user name was drumstix)

I always loved stopping by GB booth at namm and chatting with you. No wonder I couldn't find you guys. lol

• Members

I bought mine shortly after they came out. I stopped into my local music store to check out something, no idea what, and they had one in, apparently the rep had just dropped it off. I tried it out and was pretty much blown away. I took it home and have been very happy ever since. I wish I could say the same about most of the stuff that makes it to my house!

• Members
Four factors negatively affect the ability of senior horses to stay healthy and maintain proper body condition: decreased nutrient absorption, poor teeth, environmental and herd stress and disease.

So Andy, I'll assume your "heard stress" levels are down now that you're no longer doing the road dog thing but how ARE your teeth 😜?

• Members
Four factors negatively affect the ability of senior horses to stay healthy and maintain proper body condition: decreased nutrient absorption, poor teeth, environmental and herd stress and disease.

Indeed, though I have these items well covered in both the 2 and 4 legged parts of my life ;)

• Members

So Andy, I'll assume your "heard stress" levels are down now that you're no longer doing the road dog thing but how ARE your teeth 😜?

Yeah, the stress levels are a lot lower. I no longer care more about the quality of the presentation/production than the client does (why a client doesn't care as much about their show as I did was an absurd concept that I never understood).

My teeth are doing well, haven't had to "bite my tongue" quite as much (and some argued that I should have bitten it more often... ;))

Archived