Topp Pro

• Members

Hello, if somebody can give some hints regarding my enquire, pls give it so, and I'll be very grateful for your response;

I'm trying to figure it out to upgrade my 12" active speaker (beta 3 TS300A), they have prove me that they are reliable and so far they haved served me well; however is time to make some upgrade for the foh, (the kw153 are the ones that I really want, however my budget doesn't allow me to make the invest at the moment), my local provider is offering me this active cabinet:

http://www.topppro.com/en/Speakers/5_ks-cs215a

They are giving me 60 days credit, and the price that are offering is $735 each, however I've seen that brand before over here but I always thought that maybe, maybe not, so I'm really trying to figure it out if they really are worth it, I thought to change my old 12" for the Alto Ts115a, but after seeing this one's? What I really knows is that this brand is handle via the via who distribute Peavey for Latin America, which goes to tropical music, pexco; pls, can solve if you take a look to the specs to see our think If they could be the ones that would work? I understand that I'll have to listen to them to see if they are the ones, but? Is that brand already known to you guys over the US? What do you think about them?

• Members

Never heard of the brand.

- Who services them if they break and do you have to ship them (they are big and heavy)

- How long has the company been around? (What good is a 3 yr warranty if the company isn't around 3 yrs from now)

Personally, I'd not touch them. Get something from a known entity - JBL, EV, QSC, Yamaha, Peavey. The speakers you have now are pretty weak at 120 dB peak so it's really not going to take much to get an upgrade. Even the lowest powered line from EV and Yamaha would be an upgrade, but to make it worth your while I'd go up another notch like the Yamaha DXR line.

• Members

thanks a lot for your valuable input, Altought we are a little limited of what you can get it here, the price is over here ready to sell, buy it and take it to the warehouse; I was looking for some Qsc, the kw153 but $1840 for each enclosure is a lot for me at the moment, Yamaha is very hard to get over here, jbl goes something similar like the QSC in price, d&b just the 15" active ones, the ev zlx 15 are $589 my price for each, and I heard them z they sound nice, I thought that this 215 could be the ones, but you guys are right over your comments... I'll keep looking, what about the zlx15? Do you think is it worth it?

• Members

The best approach is to 1--stick with a known brand 2--Go audition different models 3--Save your money and buy the best units you can reasonably afford. Beyond that, if you need opinions on various boxes you actually have access to....................state what they are and your intended use.

Archived