Line 6 wireless guitar cable

• Members

I typically hate cross posting, but I think we're talking two different set of readers so here goes again:

I know that the connector Line 6 uses is the same one that Shure uses on their wireless packs, but is the pin out the same? Are the two interchangeable?

• Members

Thanks! I'd checked with Line 6 by phone this morning and they confirmed it along with the two pin out diagrams I was able to find. Which is all great, except it doesn't explain the issues I was having at our July 4 show. Now it means it was something else. Fortunately I had a Fishman Pre-amp/DI at the ready. Time to do some 'cipherin'...

• Members

The guitarist has been having troubles with his instrument cable on his acoustic body pack for awhile and had reverted back to using a directly line to a Fishman on his mic stand. I remembered to that he needed a cable and bought a Shure that was in stock as they were out of the Line 6 version. The day of that show, a transformer that was feeding the stage blew and we were without power until about 1/2 and hour before showtime. They finally ran some long, but appropriately large for the run, extension cords to get us enough power for audio and four 4K lights. As I'm firing the monitors I notice that I've got what sounds like a line induced 60hz hum. I presume this is from the makeshift power and continue on. Eventually I find it's coming from the acoustic rack and not passing any audio and shut that channel down. I switch channels on the snake with no luck. Knowing I've got the Fishman in a case and we're in a big ass hurry, we go with that. The only thing that changed in the rack system was the cable for the body pack. I thought I'd read somewhere that Shure used different pin outs from Line 6, but my own research and a phone call this morning proved that wrong. It's not the guitar. So it's either something in the rack, something with our goofy temporary power or the guitarist managed to put the new cable in wrong. I just need to bring the rack into the office and fire it up and figure it out.

Archived