Expression 3 monitor mix

• Members

Hi

I am using a soundcraft expression 3 for my live gigs. I am still not fully familiar with this mixer. As far as the main mix (LR House mix) is concern I do not have any problems thus far. My problem is the stage monitor mix. I am using the toTEM keys MIX 1 for my monitor mix which is prefade by default. Sending vocals and instruments into the monitor mix is OK but I am unable to send any Effects(FX1,FX2,FX3,FX4) into the monitors. Sending these Effects to the main mix is not a problem, only not able to send into the monitors. Looking into the user manual, sending Effects into the main mix is mentioned but nothing about sending these Effects into any of the 14 toTEM mixes or the 4 matrix mixers. Can someone advice how this is done.

Thanks

Carlos

• CMS Author

I can easily see how this happened. This is perhaps the most difficult digital I've used, in terms of learning curve. Don't get me wrong, it's a very versatile and powerful mixer. It's just hard to figure out. The terminology was confusing. and the FaderGlo, which I've complained about here several times, is IMHO a bad way to go. What do colorblind folks do? Oh that's right...they get some other mixer.....

Archived