Poultry Reinforcement

• Members
I do provide a sound system to a fur & feathers competition... pays better than R&R these days ;)
Oy vey, just about anything pays better than R&R, at least way down at the level I do :facepalm:. Heck, I occasionally work with retired session/touring guys getting 50 bucks a man for the night :( - but I'll do those for a share just out of respect and to hear some damned fine playing :) .

• Members
Oy vey, just about anything pays better than R&R, at least way down at the level I do :facepalm:..

I don't think it's exclusive to just your level. I'm getting married in a couple weeks and the hotel av company wanted $1200 for a single mic and speaker for 4 hours. I politely told them no thanks.

-Dan.

• Members

I was supposed to do a one hour film shoot as an extra, for a "friend" - $50. That's okay, I only get an acting gig every five years or so, although they normally pay way more than that. Then he wanted sound for the shoot, now maybe lights. Then he wanted me to record a vocal track, then play some guitar - every time I try to renegotiate the price, he wants something else. I'm afraid to talk to him anymore, 'cause he might want me to cater the movie! Of course it's all on a budget.

Archived