First gig tomorrow with Peavey XR-1212. A couple questions...

• Members

A couple months ago, I started a thread requesting help putting together my first PA. Well, I've made all the major purchases and the first gig is tomorrow.

My main gear:

* Peavey XR-1212

* A pair of Yamaha S115IV clubs for mains on sticks

* A pair of Yamaha BR12M monitors

Given my set up, it seems that using the Mon.1/Main mode is the way to go. One amp would power the mains and the other, the monitors. I've run some rehearsals like this and it seems to work fine. Any other suggestions? Note: there is no subwoofer in the picture at this time.

A couple questions:

1. Each of the two amps on the unit has TWO outputs. In terms of power and mixing options, what would be the difference between connecting just ONE of the outputs to the main/monitor and daisy-chaining to the other vs. using BOTH outputs on both amps and connecting directly to each main and monitor? (Hope that makes sense).

2. Is there a way (without adding additional equipment) to using one amp for the mains and the other for the monitors, but have the ability to provide different mixes in each monitor (there are monitor 1 and monitor 2 controls on each channel as well as M1 and M2 main faders)? There doesn't appear to be a mode for that type of setup unless I'm missing something, which is entirely possible.

Probably going to keep it really simple for this first go around, although there is a blues jam involved in this event which will challenge me as a novice. Any tips/suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks all!

• Members

The outputs are the same, the only difference would be cosmetic re: cabling. For your monitors I would be tempted to take one "out{" from the amp and then daisy chain to the other monitor. For your mains I would probably take two "outs", one for stage left and one for stage right. As I said it's just cosmetic.

For your monitor sends; you can't get blood from a turnip, and you can't get two separate amplified monitors without two separate monitor amplifiers. If you've got two amps, one for mains and one for monitors then you've only got one monitor send. Adding a powered speaker should allow you to use the monitor two out, but that's your only current option.

• Members
The outputs are the same, the only difference would be cosmetic re: cabling. For your monitors I would be tempted to take one "out{" from the amp and then daisy chain to the other monitor. For your mains I would probably take two "outs", one for stage left and one for stage right. As I said it's just cosmetic.

For your monitor sends; you can't get blood from a turnip, and you can't get two separate amplified monitors without two separate monitor amplifiers. If you've got two amps, one for mains and one for monitors then you've only got one monitor send. Adding a powered speaker should allow you to use the monitor two out, but that's your only current option.

Very helpful, Shaster. Thanks!

Archived