Roland SPD-SX/Sample level/Very quiet

• Members

Hey guys,

Got a lot of noob questions for you, and apologies in advance.

I just purchase a roland spd-sx sampler to utilize some backing tracks for live purposes. i've uploaded some wav. files with the backing tracks panned hard left & click panned hard right. I wanna go the channel splitting route to DI box/PA (right? TRS cables or what works for this kind of thing? help). What's the best way to hook this up?

Also, when I've uploaded the samples, they seem very quiet, even with the headphone volume cranked! I imagine this could be a problem in a loud club where the drummer won't be able to hear what's happening, also I'm sure the backing tracks will be very quiet through the PA. What's the best way to get volume levels up? I use Logic & when I exported the backing tracks, they seemed pretty friggin' loud in the DAW. Any leads i will send so much love your way.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

• Members

Thanks so much guys! What about the way to route it to FOH without the click being audible? I use a TS cable right? Does it have to be stereo to mono or something like that? Since we're only needing the Left channel for the backing tracks, do we need to even send the Right channel (click) to FOH?

• Members

Page 54 in the manual refers to the setup and routing of the click to output on the master, sub and/or phones. TS cables should be fine for short runs into a mixer, although if you plan on using it live and may need to run through a snake, you will want to be prepared with a couple of DI boxes if you're running in stereo L and R outputs) or panning voices for different mixes. One will suffice if running mono.

http://cdn.roland.com/assets/media/pdf/SPD-SX_OM.pdf

Archived