HC article about us - woo!

• Members
Bring only one kick drum cause the sound guy will have to mic up the second kick? Dafaq? LOL

This article is clearly aimed at the lowest-tier bands who play in venues with limited capabilities. IME, few venues of that size will have the amount of microphones, processing, stage space, and/or soundcheck time to properly rig up a larger drum kit. In those cases, everybody is working with limitations that they'd prefer to not have to deal with, and being a "team player" can require sacrificing some of your wish list for the sake of the show. Unless you're a superstar-drummer-in-the-making and you absolutely need that 2nd kick or that 5th tom, because you're the 2nd coming of Terry Bozzio, leave 'em at home.

The same is true for guitarists and their additional speaker cabinets.

• Members

Overall, not a bad primer for folks at the lower tiers. Bands starting out heed.

Could have been very short for me:

If you would like to know if I have something, ask.

If you want me to bring it, tell me/pay me.

If you MUST have it, bring it.

Do things right and be cordial, night will be fine.

Treat me wrong, you won't be happy.

That about covers it….

• Members

This article is clearly aimed at the lowest-tier bands who play in venues with limited capabilities. IME, --snip--

Clearly so -- that's often the level my venue sees -- but even some of the out-of-town/regional acts that come through (who often times have to mix themselves from stage at other venues) could benefit from taking some of the points to heart.

Archived