Mackie DL32R Recording

• Members

Sounds good through my Sennheiser Amperior phones. They supposedly go to 16 Hz, so I tested them with a sine wave and I hear something, but it's a pulsing that's not really a note and it's down several dB so I'm sure I'm not hearing that low in the recording. That low isn't really a "heard" note anyway I guess. Sucks getting old.... I'm down to hearing about 14,000 Hz without having to crank the volume of the test signal. I suppose that's normal though. I'll be 46 in May.

• Members

--snip--

Sucks getting old.... I'm down to hearing about 14,000 Hz without having to crank the volume of the test signal. I suppose that's normal though. I'll be 46 in May.

...46? Heck I was still going through puberty at 46!

• Members
Sucks getting old.... I'm down to hearing about 14' date='000 Hz without having to crank the volume of the test signal. I suppose that's normal though. I'll be 46 in May.[/quote']I've been using earplugs since I was ~25 and wasn't into loud much before that so still have something like 16K in one ear and 15K in the other - hittin' 60 this year :music005:. I have earplugs with me at all times.

• Members
I've been using earplugs since I was ~25 and wasn't into loud much before that so still have something like 16K in one ear and 15K in the other - hittin' 60 this year :music005:. I have earplugs with me at all times.

I can hear up to 16K if I crank the volume. I don't think it's anything to do with hearing loss or damage. Frequency loss is part of normal aging. I thought I read that, by 80 yrs old, most people only hear to about 5K Hz. That's where sibilance lives and why it's harder to hear speech.

• Members

I don't know that youtube is the greatest platform for judging the recording quality of anything - their compression algorithms can be brutal. That said, there's a fair amount of audible hiss in the quieter parts, like right at the beginning, which doesn't sound like youtube compression. Is that from the mics, console, or both?

Archived