Time to upgrade

• Members

As some of you know I've been working with my Beta 3 TS300A active 12" speakers, and at the moment they handle anything that I throw to them and the haven't gave me problem, besides just 2 driver coils that burned but that's an user problem that's already solved and understand it; however, I had the opportunity to have a pair of Alto Truesonic TS115a, and they sound really well (for me), comparing them my Beta 3 would have a little more of highs but the bottom low end in the Altos are more because they are 15" speakers instead the 12" that I have at the moment, also the weight is a crucial factor the beta 3 weight a lot comparing with the Alto (my wife could lift them without problems, but she would not lift the beta 3 ones), so I was wondering if some of you have any hints on this? My work goes a lot with corporate events, some bands, and some dj stuff, (and sometimes churches with their bands), and I'm really starting to think to upgrade them to this Alto, so if anyone could tell me his experience with them? Any comments at all , I'll appreciate

• 5 months later...
  • Members

Agedhorse, sorry to bother you again with my questions, but, I really like to hear (read) opinions from an audio guru like you; this is my gear, 10 beta 3 TS300A, and 2 beta 3 EB118A, normally I'll locate them in this configurations:

1 Hercules stand, with an onstage adapter to mount 2 speakers per side, and I can rise up to 3m(i understand that you guys use feets and not meters, over here is the opposite), the subs would be on the center, and I use up to 4 Monitors and 2 like side fills for the back, as you remembered a long time I open this post and open another one with the brand that my friends store is giving me wich is topp pro, but as soon everyone jumped into it giving me good opinions regarding my enquires, I realized that maybe they are not for my use; however I'm starting to have some questions regarding my upgrades, and that's why I'm bothering you telling my stuff (I'm really sorry), I could grab 2 more subs to add them to work with my gear, or? I could get this cabinets 2x15" on the same brand wich are this:

http://98.126.23.58/productshow.php?cid=59&id=156

the same brand; if i got this I would locate them on the subs each at a side; so, that's my enquire; I understand that you guys don't know the brand, or get use to get a known brand such as Qsc, jbl, believe me, I'll want that too, but it's double the expensive, so, I really would like to know which way to go, just to get 2 more subs? Or get a pair of 2x15"?? Everything is connected to an X32 or an Xr18, depending the needs of the rider or the requirements

What do you think?

Archived