Floorboard for live use? Multi-instrument. No rigs onstage, just powered monitor... thoughts?

• Members

So this new project/band I'm playing with would have me occassionally playing bass/guitar/12-string/acoustic/mando/slide whistle and electric kazoo (not joking)... and I'm wanting to keep gear for me onstage to a minimum. I have a PRX615M that I'll use for my onstage monitoring (with PRX mains/subs for FOH as well) and was thinking about getting something like one of the POD units designed for live use (XT, X3, HD, etc.) where I could have banks setup for the different instruments... anyone have a better idea of what a Swiss Army knife musician should use in this context?

Thanks!

• Members
So this new project/band I'm playing with would have me occassionally playing bass/guitar/12-string/acoustic/mando/slide whistle and electric kazoo (not joking)... and I'm wanting to keep gear for me onstage to a minimum. I have a PRX615M that I'll use for my onstage monitoring (with PRX mains/subs for FOH as well) and was thinking about getting something like one of the POD units designed for live use (XT, X3, HD, etc.) where I could have banks setup for the different instruments... anyone have a better idea of what a Swiss Army knife musician should use in this context?

Thanks!

Are you mixing yourselves from stage or do you have a FOH guy? As a FOH guy I'd want each (well most anyway) instrument on a separate channel.

• Members

As a FOH guy I totally agree with you. But, as the only guy on stage in this particular project with FOH experience and knowing that there will likely not be a FOH guy other than me involved out front... I'm looking to output on maybe 2 channels at most and do my best from stage. (At least it's me that is likely to muck things up sonically... and I think I'll have a better chance to fix things on the fly than another mix-from-stage guy in this project.)

I saw a Line 6 HD500 used today for $350. Would something like that suffice?

Archived