Yorkville NX10C co-ax active cabs,,,, anyone had a listen yet??

• Members

I haven't heard them yet, but I have concerns about their locking mechanisms - not based on inspection, just overall concern. I imagine them slowly sliding down the pole until they're aimed at my knees :) I hope for Yorkville's sake, they've got that covered.

• Members
Thank, Bobby! Those first two I've seen, but that third one is new to me and useful.

Louis

Yeah, I thought that comparison, while somewhat limited, was rather well done; certainly a lot better than most "home demo's", I'll have to go back to my dealer, and give them a serious listen,

• Members
Let me know what you think!

Louis

Will do, Louis. My dealer is not exactly "next door" however, but I may have a business meeting close-by early next week.

It's fun for me to audition speakers at that dealership. I'd say 99% of their clientele is into EDM, hip-hop, or rap, and whenever I walk into the store, that's the kind of music they're usually playing in the background, as their "Muzak". I show up with my live jazz recordings,(Norah Jones, Diana Krall etc), and suddenly, all the guys who are working in the repair-shop out back, come out to the showroom to find out what the heck speakers are producing this wonderful sounding music. It's as if it's totally foreign to them,,,, but to a man, they're all blown away by the sound of the music, and they end up with a new respect for the capabilities of the speakers that were there all along, but were never permitted to "shine" with the very broad dynamic range of a good live-jazz band, with a terrific female lead-vocal track.

• Members

I'll look forward to hearing your reaction, Bobby. I'm thinking that a few of these might be a very useful replacement for the YX10's that I've been using as wedges when I need wedges, and might also be a much more space efficient way to set up side-fills when I monitor that way (right now I use a pair of RCF 310a's, and they work very nicely, but they take up more room than I sometimes have to work with in our tighter performing situations). On the other hand, I'm about to try an experiment feeding one band member an in-ear monitor mix (a hand drummer who always has a hard time hearing what he needs to hear in the general monitor mix, and right now uses a little near-field with just my rhythm guitar in it), using one of those little Rolls personal monitor units (PM351), so we'll see....

Louis

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Sorry Louis, I haven't had a chance to listen to them either. I've been on a "camera kick" lately, (bought three new cameras) and I've been focusing strictly on that for the moment (pun intended ;-))). --- Nikon P-900 super-zoom w/83x zoom, 2000mm,,,,,Sony RX100 III (outstanding ultra-compact),,,,,, and Panasonic Lumix FZ1000, w/16x 25-400mm f-2.8-f4 zoom, 4K video. Also looking at a "full-frame",,, most likely the Sony A7-II.

Archived