Another, if you can't beat 'em, join em' PA

• Members

I noticed this product last week and completely forgot to mention it... It's probably because I found it pretty ugly, to be honest. As much as I don't like Bose, the compact and L1 L2 systems are much cleaner and sexier looking than this thing Yorkville came up with. It looks like a sub with a pair of home audio surround sound speaksers on top of it. That said, I will likely be doing more Yorkville reviews in the future as it looks like my favorite music store may become a Long & Mcquade. This is just a rumour at the moment though...

Al

• Members

Yes they are a little funny looking.

Most of the stick systems I've used can be bested by a good powered speaker of comparable weight. I'm kind of thinking that will be the case here, but time will tell.

Al, if a Long & McQuade takes over, the plus side is cheap rentals, but the possible downside is a store account.. It's very easy to purchase gear, which is a blessing or a curse, depending on your point of view - and self control.

• Members
OK' date=' no more busting on RCF and FBT for their design choices for their plastic cabinets. That thing is hideous![/quote']

Ah c'mon... those speakers would look great in a 1970's Boogie van. Good times, these are the good times...

Archived