QSC GX5 Problem?

• Members

Hello,

i run a very simple P.A. For small band and duo gigs that has worked flawlessly for years:

Mackie 1402 VLZ

Two Rane ME30 E.Q.s

QSC GX5

JBL JBL MR925s

Last Friday at a gig I set everything up as normal, but no sound came out unless I cranked all the gain staging, and even then it was still pretty soft. It had worked fine the week before. I obviously swapped out all the cables, tried different inputs, speakers, etc., but I can't nail down how or why this happened. The QSC is the only amp I own and have gigs this weekend. Like I said, I can get sound out, but I have to crank the gain on everything.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly valued and appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

• Members

Hi again,

Before everyone jumps in to call me a moron, I'll save you the time. I am an idiot.

Somehow the -10/+4 button on the Mackie got pressed in during travels to -10. Flicked the switch and everything works great. Hopefully my stupidity can be a lesson to us all.

Thanks,

Mike

• CMS Author
Hi again,

Before everyone jumps in to call me a moron, I'll save you the time. I am an idiot.

Somehow the -10/+4 button on the Mackie got pressed in during travels to -10. Flicked the switch and everything works great. Hopefully my stupidity can be a lesson to us all.

Thanks,

Mike

Well, I'll go out on a limb and say that anyone who calls you a moron is the moron. We've ALL had this type of problem in one form or another, and these issues can drive you crazy if you can't find the source....you just know it's a simple setting somewhere, but can't find it.

I'm glad you found it.

• Members
Don't beat yourself up' date=' things like this happen. And now next time you'll know and can fix it right there. It's called experience.[/quote']

In my case it seems the old definition rings especially true:

Experience: "That magical quality that allows you to recognize the same mistake the next time you make it."

I'm embarrassed to admit the multiple times I was setting up for a gig and couldn't get phantom power activated on a channel because I still had (USB) card inputs routed to my channels left over from remixing previous shows at home. Pushing the same button multiple times didn't help one bit either. Sigh...

Archived