Allen and Heath Qu Pac

• Members
Checking out some of the photos from NAMM 2015 and saw this.

Apparently available March 2015. Haven't seen a price yet.

Thoughts???

Hmmm.

It seems like they spent quite a bit of money on giving it a UI. That is neat and everything, but if the purpose of the device is to sit in a rack and be controlled by a tablet, it is highly likely that the tablet will be more usable than the UI.

If on the other hand, you desire to actually mix with the interface, it would be clunky and nearly impossible to deal with .... you would be better off with the Qu-16.

The X32 Rack also took this approach, but provided an even more anemic interface. I felt that was fine since MAP is only $1200.00.

I think that if you want a small footprint digital mixer, and really like Allen & Heath, that this product fits the bill nicely. I still rage about the built in multi-track recording and playback direct to USB. Sure wish my X32 Rack could do that trick ;)

I thought I heard the MAP was ~ $1600.00, but I can't remember where I heard it.

• Members
Sent out feelers to get one for review when it's available. Looks interesting' date=' not sure if the feature set is competitive though.[/quote']

Seems competitive to me. Especially the 32 channel expansion capability and fact there is an "emergency" mixing capability. Although how practical is debatable. These types of systems are going to often be sitting on the floor out of the way. You can't really be laying on the floor behind the drummer trying to mix the band. MAP on the QU-16 is $500 more.

• Members

Seems competitive to me. Especially the 32 channel expansion capability and fact there is an "emergency" mixing capability. Although how practical is debatable. These types of systems are going to often be sitting on the floor out of the way. You can't really be laying on the floor behind the drummer trying to mix the band. MAP on the QU-16 is $500 more.

I missed the ability to expand to 32 channels! I always thought that A&H missed the boat on that with the Qu. The arguement I aways hear about the Qu-16 was that if you wanted more channels you should have bought more .... but I don't buy it. All the competition allows you to expand your channel count with a stage box. It is nice to see them put this feature into the new rack mixer. Maybe they will give you a firmware updated for your Qu-16 that can do it too ;)

Archived