Behringer Pro 118 Powered Sub

• Members
I was looking on the back of one' date=' and it has a boost sw. for certain freq. probably good for a DJ , but what use is the High cut from 45hz to 90hz do? since the sub has a fixed 100hz high pass for the main tops. Sorry for the dumb question![/quote']

Not a dumb question at all, as it is indeed odd to be able to set the sub to handle only sub 70hz frequencies (if you were using bigger 15" tops I guess), but that the filtered outs seem set at 100hz, rendering the choice kind of pointless. Maybe the manual explains the why?

Nope. Apparently, the choice of high cut frequency does not affect the sound of the Thru OR output XLRs??? WTF.

Al

• Members

The B1800D-PRO also has a High Cut dial that provides precision control over the upper-corner frequency of the

subwoofer’s amplifier. The High Cut dial does not affect the Thru signals, only signals directed to

the subwoofer (however, it does affect the Output socket signals sent out to full-range speakers).

Seems there is different manuals out. Maybe they have corrected themselves. I'm guessing the sub and the output socket work together. Set it at 150 and the sub goes up to 150, xlr output starts at 150 and goes up. 100hz fixed output is not fixed....

http://www.behringer.com/assets/B1800D-PRO-P0981-PID.pdf

Archived