System failure during update on QU 24

• Members

Hey. So I updated to firmware 1.60 on my QU 24. Unfortunately something went wrong - it didn't finalise the upgrade and just went to a blank screen. Now it won't boot up. What do I do about it? Will contact dealer tomorrow but no idea if they will know (to be fair they are pretty good)

• CMS Author

If you're a member at Pro Sound Web, there's an A&H employee named Jeff Simpson over there. He's not very active and didn't respond to someone asking a "what if" that was your specific problem, but maybe he'll respond to you. Here's the PSW thread:

http://forums.prosoundweb.com/index.php?topic=148386.0

How do you know the update didn't finalize? Was there a message on the screen? It appears that sometimes the updates hang or run excessively long. I wonder if yours was still running...

• Members

No luck. The advice I received on the A&H forum (confirmed by the Australian importer's tech department) was to hold down the USB and HPF button while turning mixer on. I did this, and it did "something" (it appeared to enter update mode) but it didn't work. They've asked me to bring it in now (under warranty fortunately).

• Members

No failure is a good one, but this is better than having a mixer go down at a gig I guess. FWIW, the update process of the Qu has been the best experience of the 3 digital mixers I've owned. The original StudioLive was very cumbersome to update and I lost settings a lot. The Mackie DL would have been great if it actually updated smoothly ever time. It would hang now and then and I always felt like I was going to lose settings.

Of course that experience has not included a "bricking" of the mixer with an update. My DL did that once, but the reset button allowed me a path to recovery.

Archived