New FBT X-Lite range

• Members

FBT have just released a new budget range called the X-Lite range. They are priced halfway between the Alto Truesonic, EV ZLX and Yamaha DBR ranges.

http://issuu.com/fbtelettronica/docs/x-series_2014_brochure

http://www.fbt.it/ENG/PAE/PRODOTTI/SPEAKERS/X-LITE/index.asp

Am interested to hear how these compare to the Alto Truesonic and Yamaha DBR range!

• Members

Yes these are also bargain basement speakers but I'm looking for the best quality I can get at this price range. FBT make some very decent products and have been in the business of making pa speakers for 50+ years. I am interested to hear how these new FBT speakers compare to the Yamaha DBR and Alto TS series. I like the fact that both the Yamaha's and FBT's have built in HPF and extra RCA inputs. They are also speced to go louder a look much smarter for corporate jobs. They are also slightly lighter which all helps!

Please bare in mind that this will not be my main PA. I'm used to using a KV2 Audio rig in the venue I run the sound. I also own a Yamaha DXR15/EV ELX118p rig with an Allen & Heath QU16.

I also want as decent a budget rig as I can afford for small acoustic gigs, monitors for DXR/EV pa, dry hire and to function as a keyboard amp/rehearsal speaker. I have been using an Allen & Heath ZED 10fx mixer with the Alto TS112a's/TS110a's but will hopefully be getting one of the upcoming Behringer X-Air mixers as well. If the FBT's or Yamaha's are significantly better then it will be worth upgrading but in all honesty I'm expecting them to be much of a muchness at this price point but maybe one of these companies is raising the bar?

I'm still getting regular compliments on the jobs I do with the Alto's and they have proven to be a real bargain. Obviously they are not KV2 or even Yamaha DXR's but with a good source, decent mics and some subtle EQ'ing it is possible to get very acceptable results. Having the much more powerful features of the Behringer X-Air mixer would make an even bigger difference. If the FBT X-Lite or Yamaha DBR's are a noticeable step up then this would make for a very useful small and light system.

• Members

You're right about one thing, there are places for equipment like this in many arsenals. My ZXA1 with matching subs has become my go to speakers. They sound fine and are up to the volumes I want to work in. And my next to the last usage was outdoors on the Colorado Capital West steps for a rally. would easily handled 1000 in the audience with everyone being able to hear and understand what was said. I've used it for mic'ing entire jazz groups outdoors before. Now rock played too loud? I don't want to even be near that.

• Members

That's interesting to know as I would be considering getting the EV ZXA1 subs to use with the 10"s. I've spoken to a couple of people who have heard both the Alto Truesonic and FBT X-Lite range and the general opinion is the FBT's are in a different league. I'm very keen to get a pair and hear them for myself.

• 1 month later...

Archived