So what if I wanted to transmit analog audio over Bluetooth, options?

• Members
I'm sorta kinda somewhat surprised Line 6 doesn't have something. Seems like it would be a good fit for the L6 Link technology.
For professional applications we already are using a much better technology that offers far better sonic quality and reliability. If you like the sound of low level mp3s then you'll love Bluetooth.

• Members
For professional applications we already are using a much better technology that offers far better sonic quality and reliability. If you like the sound of low level mp3s then you'll love Bluetooth.

So is this the mythical Line6 IEM system for which I could get on the waiting list with a check?

Seriously, does Line6 offer a system that can transmit from the mixer to a remote receiver? I only see wireless mics -- ie, signal flow to the mixer. Or am I missing something?

• Members

Traditionally one would use a guitar transmitter and standard receiver using whatever pro level wireless. There are a number of dj speaker companies with Bluetooth (alto comes to mind). How about using something web based then over wifi?

• Members

IP based over WiFi? Suitable for a DJ, maybe, but sure as heck completely unsuitable for live audio IMO. Latency matters. Jitter matters even more! The odd 100ms jitter outlier for an X32 is probably not going to get noticed, but it will totally ruin a monitor send.

• CMS Author

Do tell, Don.

FWIW, I wasn't implying that I even think Bluetooth is the right platform for pro audio, but was thinking you guys have that great Link setup wired, and how cool it would be if it were wireless.

Spill the beans!

• Members

Easy to do Point-to-Point by using any of our beltpack wireless systems. They will simply replace the wire in thems of frequency response and they have no companding or data compression. If you used Bluetooth you run the signal into a codec which essentially makes an MP3 like conversion of your original signal. Line6 wireless systems are the only digital wireless systems that won't screw up your phase response. With other digital systems all the frequencies don't come out in the same time as they went in.

Using our beltpacks you need to limit the input level to +8 dBu peaks so you either need to turn down your output from the mixer and turn it up at the speaker or you need to insert a 15-20dB pad in the cable from the mixer to the beltpack.

• Members

Unalaska, a packet that is delayed 100ms will certainly be audible. Doesn't matter how close the nearest speaker is, going from 98 to 0 dB for a tenth of a second is going to be audible.

Current commercial solutions use streaming buffers. But these involve delays, usually of a couple of seconds.

Wes

• Members

Those speakers are the ones that are sold over every place in my country with any kind of name that you want into it, they come with 3 input mixers, wireless i/r control, bluetooth, sd card, usb player, 2 bands eq(hi-lo) or 5 bands, am/fm radio; you can also look for ones that comes with a 5"screen and reproduce .avi files and those have video output as well to connect to a projector or tv (Altought I see them weird, but people over here likes them), and line output, or a line to feed a passive speaker that comes with a speakon 4 pin so you can hook up a passive box and power it ; there are some few that sounds decent, Altought they can't be compared to any known brand that you know; you can find them from 8", 10", 12", 15" and the looks goes from the old Jbl eon to the new one, Rcf, fbt, Db, behringer, mackie(thump and srm), the new models come with a wireless mic sometimes with 2, and also you can request this kind of speakers with a rechargeable battery to be use without any outlet AC,

I forgot to mention that the price of them starts from $85 (8"), $120(12"), $160 (15")retail price, they are all China made, how do I know all of this? Simple, I'm selling them, the new shipment will come with a USB recorder (2 track only) button that works with a USB thumb drive ; the seller (Chinese factory) allows me to brand them with my original brand name, they even have the popular logos of the known brand that you know like Qsc, Jbl, Rcf, etc., but I don't order it with any known name, just my brand name that goes like this "American Xtreme", some quantity comes with my other brand name that goes like this also "B16" (I thought that you guys over there can have a B52 brand, so my customers can have a B16 brand) why not? And the better ones comes with "CRF" (well, the ones that have better look of course, and this one's cost a little more) the Chinese factory sells me the powered boxes as well spare parts, buttons, mp3 players, even the whole power amp that goes in the back of the box,

But, they're not to be use in any pro or semi pro situation at all (Altought the CRF ones could do), but to a starting dj, new bands, churches, any one that requires to have a decent pa(with some quality) they would work, the most important thing is that we're been very honest with the customers telling them that you can achieve until certain level degree quality, but if you want more watts, more definition get a know brand powered box like the Beta Three (the ones that I have for my pa rental great), Jbl, qsc, yamaha (but they cost 4x to 5x the Chinese ones)

• Members

Using Bluetooth for live instruments on stage remains in the "not recommended" methods of connections.

Avantree® Saturn Bluetooth Audio Converter Adapter Transceiver - A2DP AVRCP apt-x CSr - 2-in1 Receiver + Transmitter

http://www.amazon.com/Avantree%C2%AE-Bluetooth-Converter-Adapter-Transceiver/dp/B0085HOM4K

$42

The best Bluetooth tech (Dec 2013) is Bluetooth 4.0 / Low Energy Transmitter feeding a Bluetooth 4.0 / Low Energy Receiver

(like an IK Multimedia iLoud

or

Avantree Avantree Cara Bluetooth 4.0

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Using a pair of these with any Guitar processor with

Avantree Saturn #1 set as BlueTooth / APT-X Transmitter

and

Avantree Saturn #2 set as BlueTooth / APT-X Receiver

Yields about 150 milliseconds audio delay latency = unacceptable for my needs.

• Members

Yields about 150 milliseconds audio delay latency = unacceptable for my needs.

So that amount of delay would be usable as long as the speaker was more than 125 feet away. Will it even transmit that far (reliably)?

The other problem with Bluetooth (or wi-fi) is that the latency probably isn't consistent and could be changing all over the place (think leslie speaker :))

Archived