Wow! Changes!

• Members

Been gone for a little bit dealing with some serious medical issues with the wife and I come back and Dayum! The site is all different, the gear is all different. Still see a lot of familiar names though. Gonna have to spend a little time catching up on things! Thought my SL16.4.2 was the balls and now I see I'm two generations behind, WTH? In any case nice to see the improvements to the site.

Stix

BTW, how do we edit the signature and pix? Used to be a link in the header - where it be now??

• CMS Author

Welcome back and I hope your wife is doing well!

Editing your signature is "easy". It only took me 15 minutes to find the latest way of doing this: Top right of every page is your user ID. Click it, and select "User settings". On that page, select the "account" tab. On that page, scroll down to the well-hidden hot link to Edit your Signature. And apparently it won't let you save a blank signature, at least that's what it just did to me. If you want no sig, just select a text color of white, and type a couple of periods and save that. I'll see if I can find the edit pix tool next, and post that when/if I find it.

Yeah, it's a whole new world....yay.....

• Members

We all should have learned a long time ago that you buy the one that's 80% of the bleeding edge for value and better dependability. Works with computers. (As I type this on a 4 year old MacBook Pro that still will run about 7 hours of my type of use on the original batteries even after upgrading the hard drive.)

• Members

At work I generally keep the company two generations behind on hardware. It lets me buy really awesome hardware at fantastic prices. All the bugs have been worked out, the price is way down, and we can buy top-tier build quality without breaking our budget. Then I change the battery and put it into production and typically use it for 5 years. Sometimes longer. I almost never have hardware problems. Top-tier build quality really matters.

Archived