Adding EV SX80 to SX300?

• Members

I currently have a pair of SX300 speakers. I find that I am asked more often to have another setup for the ceremony and cocktail hour where I am not using my main setup. I was looking at just getting another amp and using my existing sx300 and swap them over on speaker stands for the times when they are needed in another area, but I saw a set of sx80 and I was intrigued. I would just need them for background music and for speeches at the ceremony etc. Are the sx80 decent for that? If down the road I needed a little extra fill on the main dance floor would I be able to integrate the sx80 or would I run into comb filtering issues and/or worse sound then just having the sx300?

thanks in advance.

• Members

The ZXA1s also essentially have two channels so you can run a mic and an iPod into it without necessarily needing a separate mixer.

I like using JBL Eons for ceremonies and cocktail hours for this reason. They have 3 inputs with individual volume controls and a 2 band EQ.

I imagine there are other powered speakers with even more mixer functionality built in that others here could suggest. Whichever one those are would be the ones I'd be looking at if I were you.

Archived