Instrument cable wiring for AKG PT80

• Members

OK I have searched high & low for what should be a simple wiring diagram. A friend has an AKG PT80 belt pack that works fine but the lav mic is pretty much junk. I told him I could wire him up a 1/4" cable to use it for his bass. It has a T3 input connector like this : http://www.amazon.com/Airwave-Technologies-CB-TAN-Accessories/dp/B004S0S4HE

It should be either a small blocking cap, a diode or nothing but wire. I just can't seem to find any info on this one.

Anyone have any ideas?

• Members

Thanks.

I have the Lav that came with it. It just sounds horrible. The original issue was low output due to a dirty pot inside the box (those tiny surface mount exposed pots). Just a wiggle (and then a little exercise) and it was good as new (Hmm sounds like a early morning weight loss program for fat women :-). He just doesn't have a use for it as a microphone but played bass A LOT. It looks like not a bad entry level wireless unit (diversity UHF - robustly built). AKG sells a cable (yes I've tried their site looking for some kind of service manual - etc) but they seem to be keeping it's construction a secret (and there can't be much to it - I just don't want to get it wrong - you can only re-solder those T3s so many times).

Any info is appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived