Help with connecting pedals!

• Members

If this is the wrong place to post this I apologize. Anyway, I'm a moron and can't figure out how to hook up my pedals. Here's what I got:

Unpowered mixer into a powered speaker.

Electric guitar and amp.

A Digitech Vocalist Live 3.

Jamman Loop pedal

So I have my guitar and mic into the Vocalist. The Vocalist then to the board and the amp.

I can't figure out how, if even possible, to get the loop pedal connected.

If anyone can help or point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it!

• Members

I am assuming the guitar does NOT get mixed into the vocals in the vocalist, so I would suggest taking the guitar thru from the vocalist to the loop pedal and thence to mixer. That way you can loop the guitar without it affecting the vocals. Of course, if you want to loop the vocal too then I have no idea at this point. Which model loop pedal do you have as the stereo one also has mic input while the sol etc does not (I have solo xt, pretty neat toy).

• Members

Thanks for replying. I have the Jamman looper and phrase sampler pedal.

http://www.amazon.com/DigiTech-Jamman-Looper-Phrase-Sampler-Pedal/dp/B000ACGXFY

No, the guitar doesn't get mixed into the board at all. I just have to plug the guitar into the vocalist live, then from the vocalist into my amp. The microphone goes into the vocalist as well, then from the vocalist to the board.

So you're saying to go: guitar>vocalist>loop>amp?

• Members

Thinking about this a bit more.....

I assume that the xlr outputs on the vocalist do NOT carry the guitar. IE, the guitar is not mixed in with the voice?

So from the vocalist, you have an xlr cable AND a guitar cable to the mixer?

If that is the case, I think you just need to run the guitar thru from the vocalist to the loop input and from there to the mixer.

Guitar and Mic to vocalist -> Vocal output to mixer

Guitar Thru from vocalist to loop -> Mixer

Mixer -> Amp

That would allow you to loop the guitar but NOT the vocals.

Since the loop pedal also has a mic input I am wondering if you could also take the vocalist xlr out to the loop pedal xlr in and effectively use the loop pedal as a mixer.

Then you'd only have one lead to the amp from the loop pedal but you'd be able to loop the vocals as well.

In that case you go:

Guitar and Mic to vocalist -> Vocal output to loop mic in

Guitar Thru from vocalist to loop

Loop out -> amp (no need for a mixer)

• CMS Author

I had this reply written yesterday, but it didn't post:

~~As an FYI to the_big_e, the Vocalist uses the guitar signal to determine (or take an educated guess) what key the song is being played in, so that it can auto-correct the vocals to the correct notes. So the in and out for guitar is only a pass-through, and the unit should be placed first before any effects or other devices that could inhibit the Vocalist from reading the guitar signal accurately.

Archived