Turbosound Milan Mi10 vs Alto TS110a ??

• Members

Turbosound has made a name from way back because of known quality and accurate results in reproduction.

The very best in the world have used Turbosound. The very best bands in the world have requested Turbosound.

I suspect Alto will never ever come close to what Turbosound has achieved in ANY aspect.

• Members

Yes I've played through some large Turbo rigs and the sound was indeed superb! I've tried the Milan M15's and did a comparison with the Yamaha DXR15's. The Turbos sounded great but I chose the DXR's as they had a little more clarity. They were also able to handle high spl's better and the sound stayed more coherent than the Turbos at these higher volumes. The limiter kicked in fairly early with the Turbosounds but I wasn't able to get the limiter light to even flicker on the Yamaha's as my hearing couldn't cope with any more in that particular room! Whilst I can't see Alto ever being on any rider or seeing them at major festivals they are making quite a name for themselves for offering exceptional value for money! I personally haven't heard anything in their price range that can beat them including the EV ZLX12p's. So far I've been extremely impressed with the TS110a's and 112a's but can also remember really liking the sound of the Turbosound Milan's. I had originally considered getting a pair of Yamaha DXR10's but find the cabinet finish with the DXR's very delicate and as I'd like to use them as monitors on a regular basis as well as FOH on small acoustic gigs decided against them for this purpose. I'll mainly be using this speakers as wedge monitors and as FOH for small acoustic singer songwriter gigs.

Archived